If an order has been entered for your family law case, then the other party of the case must follow the order. If the other party does not follow the order, then you may pursue a contempt hearing with the Arizona family law courts. This is one of the methods used to help enforce an entered order.

Contempt actions essentially allow you to ask the court to compel someone’s compliance with a prior order. If you suspect that a family court order is being violated, you should contact an attorney immediately.

Who can file a contempt motion in Arizona?

If either party of the family case violates a court order following the resolution of your initial case, the other party may return to court and request that the violating party be held in contempt and be forced to comply with the order.

Who can be found in contempt?

The party who violated the order, would be the part who failed to comply with the court order; for example, by failing to pay child support, or alimony, or by interfering with the other parent's parenting time.

What if I am served with a contempt motion?

You may be able to avoid any contempt, if you have not willingly or intentionally violated the court order. Thus, it is very important to retain a skilled contempt action family law attorney like Attorney Marc Grant. He will help you present a compelling case for why you did not intend to violate the order.

What are the consequences of being found in contempt?

The party who has been found in contempt of any family court order, may be

  1. ordered to pay the other party's attorney fees and court fees associated,
  2. can sometimes be jailed for contempt finding,
  3. and ultimately be forced to comply with the court order.

Attorney Marc Grant, with Strong Law, is ready to advocate on your stead and defend your case against a contempt motion. Book Now a free initial consultation.

Need professional legal advice?

As a new client, get a FREE telephonic consultation to discuss your family law matters.
Request Consultation